Exim system filters compatibility

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Fri Feb 1 10:38:53 GMT 2002

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 09:40:30AM -0000, Ray Gardener wrote:

> My confusion was due to the fact that tagged mail was going through before I
> installed version 3.04. I assumed that this would still work under the
> latest version of mailscanner and attributed the problem to the new system
> filter I was implemented. Not tagging the subject line does work that is in
> mailscanner.conf set
>
> Spam Modify Subject = no
>
> (Note that the default seems to be set to yes so simply commenting this line
> out doesn't work).
>
> I will send a copy of this note together with a largish tarred version of my
> mailscanner installation directly to Nick for inspection.

OK, well that's definitely something that we found recently and thought was
fixed. I *think* it's working for me (but mail comes into the machine that
I use to work on this from a relay that is never going to be in any of the
RBL lists, and I've only just started trying out spamassassin), so I'll have
a look at what you've got and see what's up.

Thanks,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
If you think last Tuesday was a drag, wait till you see what happens tomorrow!