Two questions.

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Dec 31 13:19:59 GMT 2002

At 09:51 31/12/2002, you wrote:
>(1) Is it possible to run the mail scanner from the command line ?
>I have one email message in a file and I want to run the MailScanner over it.
>May I pipe the message file to the MailScanner ?
>If the answer is yes, what happens if a virus is found in the message ?

You cannot run it from the command line with a single message, sorry. You
would have to start it up and then put the message (as raw queue files)
into MailScanner's incoming queue directory, then wait for it to appear in
the outgoing queue directory. MailScanner is not designed to be used that
way, as the overhead of doing it all separately for each message would be
enormous.
--
Julian Field