Moving internal SMART_HOST; MailScanner is our gateway

Jim Levie jim at ENTROPHY-FREE.NET
Sat Dec 21 19:56:20 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 11:47, Eric Newsom wrote:
> You're right Jim.  It is a relay server for our internal server.  I would
> like it to queue the mail while the internal servers are down as you
> described. What settings should I check to determine the duration of time
> mail will be queued before it is bounced?

If you haven't futzed with the sendmail defaults, the messages can
remain on the relay server for 5 days before it will bounce them as
un-deliverable.You can change these settings by adjusting:

O Timeout.queuereturn=5d
#O Timeout.queuereturn.urgent=2d
#O Timeout.queuereturn.non-urgent=7d
--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed
RedHat.