MS strips 0-byte attachments?

G Welter G.Welter at ROCLEIDEN.NL
Tue Dec 17 22:54:55 GMT 2002

Hi.

I checked for you. My client (Eudora 5.2) doesn't throw it away. But I checked the mail that was received snd checked by MS. When looking at the raw message, there does seem to be an attachement.

So I forwarded it back and hey, the attachment is back! So it seems that Novell Groupwise at work is at fault.

So it seems that MS worked correctly. How could I have doubted it? :-)

Gerben.

At 22:33 17/12/2002, you wrote:
>I just used an empty file to check if I made a correct change to the
>filenames.rules.conf file and I noticed that MS strips the attachment?! If
>I just put some garbage in the file, the attachment stays in tact. Is this
>behaviour by design?

It doesn't do that on my system. Are you sure your email client app isn't
throwing it away? Mine left the attachment there but "gave" it some content.
--
Julian Field

.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses