<<<No Message Collected>>> [Was Re: SYSERR(root): readqf: cannot open ./df*]

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Dec 17 20:29:10 GMT 2002

At 20:18 17/12/2002, you wrote:
>Julian, thanks for your help!  I think I may have tracked down the cause
>of the problem - I made some changes just before 5pm which so far seem to
>be working.  I'll need to wait until mid-morning tomorrow to be sure (when
>theres a decent volume of mail flowing through the server).  I won't post
>the details now as its a bit involved & I may not be right - but I will
>post a follow-up tomorrow.

An update off-list would be useful, that way I can take a look...

>(apart from the rpm-build and perl-devel dependencies which I had to work
>out for myself)  The rpms have a dependency on perl-5.800 but mandrake
>chose to name their perl package perl-5.8.0, thus the installation fails
>on this dependency.

The only dependency on perl is >= 5.005. perl-5.6.0 satisfies with, so I
don't quite understand why perl-5.8.0 has a problem (it certainly works on
RH systems).

>   I simply satisfied myself that I had the necessary packages installed
> and added --nodeps into the appropriate place in the script.  I suspect
> theres no easy 'proper' fix, but maybe an argument to the script to try a
> nodeps installation?

Not a bad idea.

> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Julian Field [mailto:mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK]
> > Sent: 17 December 2002 18:45
> > Subject: Re: <<<No Message Collected>>> [Was Re: SYSERR(root): readqf:
> > cannot open ./df*]
> >
> >
> > At 15:48 17/12/2002, you wrote:
> > >I have now managed to prove some of this.  I stopped the
> > mailscanner and
> > >just started a sendmail -bd -ODeliveryMode=queueonly
> > >-OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in
> > >I was able to watch mail queue up, then occaisionally a
> > message would be
> > >delivered straight out of the mqueue.in queue.
> >
> > Can you try putting the mqueue.in into the sendmail.cf file
> > and then try
> > the same thing again? And what happens if /var/spool/mqueue
> > doesn't exist
> > at all (just rename it)?
> >
> > >I guess the good news is that this is not being caused by mailscanner
> > >itself! (Julian apologies for any time you've spent looking for
> > >this)  Anyone got any ideas?
> >
> > I think there's still a MS-related problem here too, as
> > mentioned in my
> > previous post.
> > --
> > Julian Field
> > www.MailScanner.info
> > MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
> >
>BMRB International
>http://www.bmrb.co.uk +44 (0)20 8566 5000
>This message (and any attachment) is intended only for the recipient and
>may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received
>this in error, please contact the sender and delete this message
>immediately. Disclosure, copying or other action taken in respect of this
>email or in reliance on it is prohibited. BMRB International Limited
>accepts no liability in relation to any personal emails, or content of any
>email which does not directly relate to our business.

Julian Field
MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support

More information about the MailScanner mailing list