<<<No Message Collected>>> [Was Re: SYSERR(root): readqf: cannot open ./df*]

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Tue Dec 17 20:18:24 GMT 2002

Julian, thanks for your help!  I think I may have tracked down the cause of the problem - I made some changes just before 5pm which so far seem to be working.  I'll need to wait until mid-morning tomorrow to be sure (when theres a decent volume of mail flowing through the server).  I won't post the details now as its a bit involved & I may not be right - but I will post a follow-up tomorrow.

P.S. My fallback plan was to swap in an old server rebuilt with MailScanner 4.10 - and you might be interested to know about a problem I had installing the rpms under Mandrake 9.0...
(apart from the rpm-build and perl-devel dependencies which I had to work out for myself)  The rpms have a dependency on perl-5.800 but mandrake chose to name their perl package perl-5.8.0, thus the installation fails on this dependency.  I simply satisfied myself that I had the necessary packages installed and added --nodeps into the appropriate place in the script.  I suspect theres no easy 'proper' fix, but maybe an argument to the script to try a nodeps installation?

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk +44 (0)20 8566 5000

This message (and any attachment) is intended only for the recipient and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this message immediately. Disclosure, copying or other action taken in respect of this email or in reliance on it is prohibited. BMRB International Limited accepts no liability in relation to any personal emails, or content of any email which does not directly relate to our business.