Autoupdate cron jobs (sophos)

Mike Dunderdale mdunder at GE.UCL.AC.UK
Fri Dec 6 13:17:21 GMT 2002

Rather than have a cron job to update the virus identities

I simply have an alias that runs the update whenever an alert is sent out
by Sophos:

(alias file)

sophos_ide:"|/path_to_scripts/update_sophos_ide.sh"

and the file update_sophos_ide.sh :

#!/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin ; export PATH
/opt/Sophos/bin/autoupdate >> /log_path/update_sophos_ide.log 2>1
bob's yer uncle.

M.