(Feature Request) Administrative E-mail when SpamAssassin is turned disabled

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Dec 6 09:15:03 GMT 2002

At 00:09 06/12/2002, you wrote:
>Osirusoft was timing out today causing SpamAssassin to time out and
>mailscanner to turn it off. This is just one of the features I like about
>mailscanner, I just wish it would send an administrative email when it
>does it. What can I do to patch it so it has this functionality?

Take a look at a package called "swatch". This can sit in the background
keeping an eye on your logs for you, and can send various alerts when it
spots things happening that you are interested in. You could make it watch
for several "timed out and was killed" messages in your maillog.
--
Julian Field