Autoupdate cron jobs

Dawes, Stephen Stephen.Dawes at GOV.CALGARY.AB.CA
Thu Dec 5 19:28:50 GMT 2002

Perhaps the way to go is:
1. to take your suggestion #1, a script for each of the supported AV
scanners.
2. keep them in, hmmm I don't know, AVUpdates directory in the
MailScanner tree.
3. Move the appropriate auto update scripts into cron.daily, based on
the AV scanners that are identified in MailScanner.conf as part of the
start process for MailScanner. This would, of course, run each time you
start MailScanner.
The advantage to my idea, is that then the MailScanner user identifies
their AV application to MailScanner in one place and the application
takes care of the rest, as is the intention, or at least that is how I
am perceiving it. Better yet, have a script called something like
MailScanner-AV-Update that is placed in cron.daily that reads
MailScanner.conf to see which of the auto update scripts it needs to
run, and then it runs them.

Stephen Dawes  <B.A., B.Sc.>
The City of Calgary                   |  Phone: (403) 268-5527
   Web Business Office #8300          |  Fax:   (403) 268-6423
   PO Box 2100 Postal Station M.      |  Email: Stephen.Dawes at calgary.ca
   Calgary, Alberta, Canada. T2P 2M5  |  Web:  http://www.calgary.ca

FOIPP NOTIFICATION
This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity
named above and may contain information that is confidential or legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above or a
person
responsible for delivering messages or communications to the intended
recipient, YOU ARE  HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use, distribution, or
copying of this communication or any of the information contained in it
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error,
please notify us immediately by telephone and then destroy or delete
this
communication, or return it to us by mail if requested by us.

Thank you for your attention and co-operation.