Aborting due to syntax errors. at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 950

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Thu Dec 5 13:19:10 GMT 2002

Look for this in your MailScanner.conf:

# Set where to store all the process id numbers so you can stop
MailScanner
PID file = /var/run/MailScanner.pid

Looks like you missed changing this line back to PID file.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Rui Vitória
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 6:24 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Aborting due to syntax errors. at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 950

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:56:43 +0000, Julian Field
<mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

>The syntax error is in your MailScanner.conf file.
>Have you got "PID Dir = " instead of the newer "PID File = " config
>lines?
In my MailScanner.conf the line about the "PID File" i found this " PID
dir = /var/run/MailScanner

>Have you added the "Language Strings" setting that's in the new
>MailScanner.conf file?

Yes i copy this form the MailScanner.conf.rpmnew

>I have improved the error reporting a bit for the next version.

In my maillog i found this error to

"Dec  5 10:45:44 fagote MailScanner[952]: Unrecognised keyword "piddir"
at line 80" "Dec  5 10:45:44 fagote MailScanner[952]: Aborting due to
syntax errors."

Rgdrs

Rui Vitória