Which Virus Scanner

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 4 22:35:27 GMT 2002

Small Business Version.

The memory resident "daemon" in the Enterprise edition is actually slower
than the command-line scanner (when heavily loaded, which is the only time
it matters). For scanners like Amavis that start up the scanner separately
for every message, the daemon is much faster. But MailScanner has (IMHO) a
far better design and doesn't get the same performance hit as Amavis due to
MailScanner's dynamically-sized message batches.

--
Julian Field