Exim support in 4.10-1

Stephen Lee splee at PLEXIO.COM
Wed Dec 4 00:15:06 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 10:59, Julian Field wrote:
> At 18:54 03/12/2002, you wrote:
> > >
> > > Good point. I should remove the dependency. Try this:
> > >          rpm -Uvh --nodeps mailscanner*rpm
> > > which will just tell it to ignore the dependencies.
> > >
> >Just did that and no complaints now. However, it appears that the
> >initscript, MailScanner, is specific for sendmail. Is there one for
> >Exim? I had previously hacked one from MS 3.25 to work with Exim.
>
> No, sorry, haven't done that bit yet. Your 3.25 one will probably still
> work with 4.10.

The problem I'm having now is that when I start check_MailScanner I get:

Starting virus scanner...
Cannot open config file /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf, Permission
denied at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 294.

MailScanner is run as exim.exim and the permissions for the 2 files are:

-rw-r--r--  1 root  root  33577 Dec  3 13:44 MailScanner.conf

and

-rw-r--r--  1 root  root  49216 Dec  3 01:41
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm

In MS V3xx, this was sufficient permission for MailScanner.conf. Where
else should I look?

Thanks,
Stephen