df2mbox

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Wed Aug 28 14:51:40 IST 2002

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:25:09 +0200, you wrote:

>Want to try the df2mbox script to convert archived messages.
>I am running the script on a box running RedHat 7.3 with the latest errata
>installed.

Am I doing something wrong?
My system saves quarantined messages as complete messages in
/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/<yyyymmdd>/<queue-id>. IN that
directory I can find the infected attachment and the complete
(uncleaned) message.

|mail at netlx009:/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20020828/g7SCo5322963 > ls -l
|total 68
|-rw-------    1 mail     mail        26693 Aug 28 14:50 fucker.scr
|-rw-------    1 mail     mail        38514 Aug 28 14:50 message

And I already have done some "mutt -f message" and bounce the message to
the intended recipient when MailScanner stored the message because of
the "double extension check".

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,