Sophos sweep update problem

Stephen Lee splee at PLEXIO.COM
Fri Aug 16 18:14:17 IST 2002

Hi.

I recently updated my Sophos from v359 to v360 using the Mailscanner
Sophos.install script (on Redhat 7.2 system using 3.22-12 rpm). In the
past this script has worked well, However, in updating to v360, sweep no
longer worked as it came back with an "Error initialising detection
engine [0x80040222]" message. I called Sophos tech support and they said
they have discussed this problem with the Mailscanner folks (I presume
Julian?). In the end, the solution was to run the install.sh script in
the sav-install directory to fix the problem. According to the Sophos
tech, Sophos.install does not transfer all the lib files from
sav-install (sorry just paraphrasing so could be incorrect
interpretation on my part) thus the need to run install.sh afterwards.
Can the Sophos.install script be adjusted to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Stephen