Deferred messages in mqueue.in

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Aug 15 23:36:18 IST 2002

At 18:52 15/08/2002, you wrote:
>This is just a double check...
>
>Messages that come in but are currently deferred due to a sendmail
>milter are left alone by mailscanner correct?

I've never used milters, but remember that MailScanner isn't involved in
the delivery process at all. It has sendmail just accept mail into a queue
with the "queueonly" option, which as far as I'm aware causes sendmail to
do absolutely nothing with the message apart from write it into the queue.
MailScanner then does its stuff.
Then sendmail takes over again and launches the entire delivery process
(presumably invoking milters at that point).
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ