silent delete

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Aug 14 15:19:30 IST 2002

At 14:26 14/08/2002, you wrote:
>I might agree with this for most things.  However, with klez the users
>think I'm not doing things for them when they ask me to stop making them
>get senseless mail and I don't make it stop.  If I can't do it they are
>quick to want to replace me/it/us/whatever with something that can.

Fair point.
Hopefully this will make it into the next major release. What's the best
thing to call the configuration option?

I am intending to rename the Viruses to Silently Delete option to something
like "Do Not Disinfect Or Warn Sender". I can't immediately think of a
better name for it. I don't want to keep the "Viruses to Silently Delete"
option as that isn't really what it does.

Also, does this need to be configurable per domain/address/whatever or will
a single global list suffice? It's a bit expensive to calculate the list of
matches if it's per-domain.

> > This has been mentioned or asked before and the usual answer is that
> > it's good PR for the users to see how much you help them! If they
> > can't
> > see that you're doing stuff for them, they might decide they don't
> > need
> > you any more! ;-)
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > --
> > Martin Sapsed
> > Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"
> > University of Wales, Bangor             Jesus of Nazareth

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ