Logging question

Mark Nienberg mark at TIPPINGMAR.COM
Tue Aug 13 17:01:34 IST 2002

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but I accidentally deleted a
few messages in this thread before reading them.

By default, RedHat 7.2 installs the "logwatch" package, which scans many
log files including maillog daily and sends an e-mail report.  I think it would
be pretty simple to modify the configuration for the maillog scan to pull out
more statistics related to mailscanner.  The whole mechanism to search
for strings, count the occurences, assemble the report and e-mail it are
already there.  It is written in perl and available here:

http://www.logwatch.org

--
Mark W. Nienberg, SE
Tipping Mar + associates