DansGuardian Anti-Virus Plugin Patch Available (based off the MailScanner!)

Richard D Alloway ralloway at CHARTERPA.NET
Fri Aug 9 00:38:20 IST 2002

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, James A. Pattie wrote:

> Richard D Alloway wrote:
> > I'm not familiar with how MailScanner/SpamAssassin/DansGuardian work
> > internally, but how about taking the score returned by SpamAssassin and
> > use DG to increase the score (SAHits?) based on the content of the
> > message?
> >
> > If DG finds that the content is not appropriate, then increase the score
> > by, say, 100 and configure MailScanner's High Score to 99 and High Score
> > Action to delete.
> >
> That's one possibility (I didn't even think about).  I was planning to
> make it be a toggle.  either you don't allow the email at all, if
> innapropriate content is found, or you allow it and sanitize it (replace
> bad words with *'s, etc.) or just allow it but set some sort of header,
> etc.

I think it would be great to be able to choose which you would like.
I think the setting of the header or a change of the subject line (like
the current {SPAM?} prepend) would be of lesser value, at least to my
customers.

Perhaps replace bad words with *s and "quarantine" the email in case
DansGuardian accidently flags a legit email and the customer wants the
original.

Most pr0n spam would most likely be removed due to the high SA score,
anyhow, so "sanitizing" with *s for legitimate email with harsh language
would be good!

> Also, I was thinking about having an email be sent to the admin or
> some defined person with either a copy of the email or the pertinent
> info so they can potentially talk to the sender, if needed by the
> companies policies, etc.

Yet another good idea!

-Rich