True64 Unix changes to check_mailscanner

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Wed Aug 7 19:52:30 IST 2002

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 11:07:17AM -0400, Joshua Baron wrote:

> then the examples included in the file. If the developers read over this
> maybe they will include this within thier check_mailscanner file, for the
> True64 users of thier product. As we make modifications for our
> environment i may post other changes we make.

I've actually already made a bunch of changes to check_mailscanner, but
they are only currently used if you use the auto-installer.

We don't currently ship the auto-installer, as Jules hasn't got round to
using it yet, and we were going to put it in version 4. However, since it
seems that version 4 is going to be a complete rewrite and will take a while.
I guess we should/could consider putting it out sooner than that.

(I'd like to anyway cos I wrote it and it feels like it's going to go to
waste otherwise ;) )

In the meantime, could you possibly check whether the attached
check_mailscanner.in, when renamed to check_mailscanner and suitably edited
to replace the autoconf placeholders (@something@), works on Tru64?

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com