True64 Unix changes to check_mailscanner

Joshua Baron baron at ITECH.NET
Wed Aug 7 16:07:17 IST 2002

First of all I wanted to say how satisfied I am with the mailscanner
product. This product has many robust features and is working very well in
our environment now that we have gotten a few of our bugs worked out.

With the help of information from searching this list we just corrected
our latest and hopefully last bug with mailscanner in the Tru64 unix
enviroment. The parse errors that seem to have plagued some of the mailscanner
users where causing us major issues with our customers mail. After reading
through the list we had found that the check_mailscanner was kicking off multiple
instances of mailscanner.

After some modification to the check_mailscanner script True64 is now
happy as can be. The syntax of the ps command on true64 was a bit diffrent
then the examples included in the file. If the developers read over this
maybe they will include this within thier check_mailscanner file, for the
True64 users of thier product. As we make modifications for our
environment i may post other changes we make.

check_mailscanner modifications for true64 unix:
#
process=mailscanner
virusdir=/usr/local/mailscanner/bin
config=/usr/local/mailscanner/etc/mailscanner.conf
# Version for Compaq True64 Unix systems:
pid=`/usr/bin/ps ax |
/usr/bin/grep mailscanner |
/usr/bin/grep -v grep |
/usr/bin/grep -v check_mailscanner |
/usr/bin/sed -e 's/^  *//' -e 's/ .*//'`
if [ "$pid" = "" ]; then
  # Restart it
  PATH=${virusdir}:$PATH
  echo Starting virus scanner...
  $process $config
else
  echo Running with pid $pid
fi
#

This list has been invaluable In getting this product up and running.
Thanks for the help

-Joshua Baron