Cosmetic problems not fixed

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Wed Aug 7 16:53:09 IST 2002

Julian Field wrote:
> But what then happens when you have more than 1 report for the same file?
> This is why it cannot go in the template file.

Let's take this example:

Shortcuts to MS-Dos programs are very dangerous in email in Jun26.pif

I presume the code in question takes the bit up to "email" from the
relevant entry in filename.rules.conf and the adds " in " and the filename?
In this example you get the type of not quite English to which I was
referring. Would some punctuation like a : or something be suitable
instead? That way a translator can change filename.rules.conf and not worry
about bits of English lurking in the perl. Or are you saying, Julian, that
there is a more complex situation which the current code handles but this
alternative wouldn't? Apologies if I'm missing the point.

> Suggestions for better wording always welcome...

Depends on how well one understands when the bits of wording are used...?

(Another aside is that I wouldn't be surprised if we were required to have
bilingual Welsh/English messages for everything if we ever advance from the
current small scale trial...)

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"