How do I get MailScanner to pass Spamassassin Headers through ?

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at 1DLA.COM
Wed Aug 7 13:44:06 IST 2002

    I am using Exim and Spamassassin under Debian, with Outlook clients.

    Prior to adding MailScanner - which I am mostly happy with, to the
mix, I had Spamassassin setup to add its report to the message headers
as below:

    I do not believe I have changed my Spamassassin configuration but
now I only get what basically is a digested version of this from
MailScanner. I am particularly interested in the header

    Outlook is not particularly good at parsing headers to make
filtering decisions. I would love to be dealing with better
capabilities, but the clients I have use outlook and will likely for
some time to come. In the meantime, we do not block any suspected SPAM
(alright we do block some ridiculously high scorers), for the most part
we leave it up to the recipient to implement filters based on the
headers that Spamassassin adds. the presence or absence of a simple
header with a yes or no value is inside Outlooks limited filtering
capability. If numeric comparisons are then I am not as well versed with
outlook as I thought.

    Anyway, do I have something in MailScanner configured wrong ? Is
there some way to keep it from stripping out the Spamassassin headers ?
I checked the past couple months of mailing list archives and while I
did not read every messages, I read anything that looked like it might
have some bearing. I learned allot, but not the answer I am looking for.

    Thank you.