Odd Question

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Wed Aug 7 10:18:27 IST 2002

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002 17:30:41 -0400, you wrote:

>What I'm wondering, and I may be off base, as unfortunately my knowledge of
>Mime is somewhat lacking.. is if the header info of the message could be
>rewritten to exclude those recipients who have chosen not to receive the
>message..

It has nothing to do with MIME but with the way sendmail stores the
messages in the queue. The messages are not stored per recipient but per
message (logical). If you want to make a differentiation between the
recipients of a message you will have to copy the message (all files in
the queue pertaining to that message) for each and every recipient (you
could make a distinction about what is intended) and deliver them
seperatly.

This would make things (much) slower and I wouldn't bet on it working
all the time.

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,