QUESTION: Self copy of messages doesn't work, why?

José Antonio Pérez Hernández japerez at CORREO.UAA.MX
Mon Aug 5 20:14:56 IST 2002

Hi list.

Hope this have been resolved before, if not, I'd like read your advice:

I'm trying set up a Debian mail server with Exim 3.35 and Mailscanner
3.13.2; the clients are Netscape Messenger 4.78 & 6 on WinXX. Everything
seems to be OK, except  for the automatic function  for saving a copy of
outgoing messages on Sent folder. Netscape fails this with a message
like " the command has not finish correctly. The server response is
APPEND[TRYCREATE] failed." I accept the warning box and the message is
delivered.
I've checked the owner and group permisions, the content of
.mailboxlist, and config options for Exim and Mailscanner.

If  this matter has been resolved, please tell me how was treated 'cause
I'd searched the list archive and found nothing.

TIA
        Jose Antonio Pérez