Sendmail 8.9.3 ==> 8.12.x & MailScanner

Lee Garner garner at GARNET.ACNS.FSU.EDU
Mon Aug 5 04:03:51 IST 2002

Hi,

I'm currently running MailScanner 3.22-7 with Sendmail 8.9.3
and am occasionally experiencing the "Failed to link message
body between queues" problem presumably because that version
of Sendmail generates message-ids based on the PID of the
Sendmail process, and during slow periods a given Sendmail
child instance can process multiple messages with the same
QID in the queue filename(s).  (Or something like that.)

Anyway, to get rid of the problem I'd like to upgrade Sendmail
to one of the more(most) recent versions, say 8.12.<something>.

I'm curious if there are any "gotchas" waiting around the
corner once I try the newer Sendmail with MailScanner.  One
little item I read in the Sendmail release notes concerning
moving queue files around sounded like it could be a problem
in conjunction with MailScanner (the release notes item talked
about Sendmail "moving files back to where they are supposed
to be").

Would appreciate any heads-ups from anyone who has already
been down this path.

Thanks,

 - Lee

| Lee Garner (Sr. Systems Programmer)        | E-mail:    lee.garner at fsu.edu  |
| Academic Computing & Network Services      | Fax:       850-644-8722        |
| Florida State University                   | Voice:     850-644-2591        |
| Tallahassee, Florida 32306-2760  USA       | Teleport:  30°25'34N, 84°19'32W|