messages from lists serv that redirects

Andy Alsup aalsup at usdla.com
Fri Aug 2 19:07:10 IST 2002

Hi, I host a mail server running mailscanner/spamassassin  (Thanks for
great software!)

I have clients that subscribe to lists hosted by yahoogroups.  The list
messages are often marked as spam, I assume, because of the
advertisements contained in the message.

The problem appears to be that the list server redirects (I think that's
the term) messages so the To:/From: fields are as the original sender
sees them.  I guess list members are BCC:

For instance, a message looks like this:

From: joeuser at blah.com
To: list at yahoogroups.com

So, I can't put the sender in a whitelist, since it is different every
time.  Since the list address appears in the To: field,  I have seen no
effect by placing the list address in a whitelist.

How do I work around this?  If I told spamassassin that yahoogroups.com
was a local domain,  would that cause other problems?

Thanks

Andy

This message sent using EMUmail -- http://www.emumail.com

Jumping through hoops to get E-mail on the road?
You've got two choices: Join the circus, or use MollyMail.

Molly Mail -- http://www.mollymail.com