Return-Path header corrupt in virus reports

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Mon Apr 29 16:57:01 IST 2002

Peter Valian wrote:

> If someone knows how to fix this please tell me.  I have been struggling
> with it for several months now.  I believe these messages are lost.  Im
> getting ready to abandon mailscanner because I don't see a way to fix
> it.  I don't want to leave mailscanner but i cannot sit here and lose mail.
>
> please someone help.
> -p

Are you using sendmail?  What does `grep Return-Path
/path/to/sendmail.cf` say?  It should be:

      H?P?Return-Path: <$g>

If it actually says, "H?P?Return-Path: <?g>" your sendmail.cf file is
messed up.

Dustin