Sophos / McAfee

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Mon Apr 15 15:35:41 IST 2002

Quentin Campbell wrote:

> I would be grateful for the _exact_ name of the Sophos anti-virus
> software product that is being run with MailScanner on Linux (RedHat
> 7.2) boxes? I need this detail to pass to the person here who negotiates
> the purchase of software licences for this site.
>
> We are seeking an 18,000 user licence for this particular Sophos AV
> software and would welcome any information on what other UK academic
> sites are paying for the product. I am happy to receive this info
> off-line and in confidence if that is necessary.

CHEST have negotiated a deal for UK Educational Institutions with Sophos
which gives site licensing at what seem to be quite reasonable rates. Check
out the software agreements on the Chest site.

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed                           To have no errors
Information Services                    Would be life without meaning