SpamAssassin Version issue

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Thu Apr 11 12:53:23 IST 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Thomas Zajic wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 01:27:13PM -0400, Gerry Doris wrote:
>
> > Be careful about the latest versions of spamassassin/razor. I ran
> > into razor not working after I upgraded.  After searching the
> > spamassassin archives discovered that there was a problem where
> > they got out of sync with some problem fixes.
>
> The latest stable versions of SpamAssassin and razor (2.11 & 1.19)
> work fine for me. Don't know about the latest unstable versions,
> though (2.20 & 1.20).
>
> Thomas

The problem is with razor 1.20 and SA 2.11.  It believe razor 1.20 is the
latest stable release but it doesn't work with SA 2.11.

razor fixed a bug that was in 1.19.  The problem is that SA 2.11 had
incorporated a workaround for the razor bug.  Fixing the bug actually
prevents SA from using razor.  This is supposed to be corrected in the
next SA release.  It all works if you use SA 2.11 and razor 1.19.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer