Blocking Double Extensions Except For . . .

Dennis Monks dennis at YTN.CO.NZ
Wed Apr 3 23:08:42 IST 2002

Funk Gabor wrote:
>>>I want to block most double extensions.  However if the file is
>>>whatever.vbs.pdf I don't want it to be blocked.  So I want to have a
>>>list of extensions that I know are safe (txt, pdf, jpg, etc) and allow
>>>those through even if it is a double extensions (ie document.0302.pdf).
>>>
>>>I put an allow line for txt's at the top of my filename file but it's
>>>still being blocked.
>>

> Count me too.
> (I also had to disable it because of "my_curric.vit.pdf" and alike...)
>
> G.

I have no problems in getting the pdf double ext working. We needed if
for faxes.

Did notice thou, it will not work if you use tab as a space at the
beginning of the line. Use space.

Cheers
Dennis