other virus scanners

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Oct 22 11:26:20 IST 2001

At 10:03 22/10/2001, you wrote:
>How easy is it to get mailscanner to use other virus scanners?
>We are thinking of using CA's inoculate.
>Is there a script file I can manipulate?

Everything to do with the scanner is in sweep.pl. Basically you need to
1) Work out all the command-line options needed
2) Write a little parser that pulls out the names of the infected files,
along with the virus reports for them.

There's code already in there for Sophos and Mcafee, so you should be able
to copy what I've already written.

If you get it working nicely, I would be grateful of the code to put in the
distribution. If you need a hand writing it, send me some output from
inoculate and I'll show you what the regular expressions and code should
look like.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ