BUG: File's not renamed when caught with the file extension checker

Andrew Hoying andrewh at CQG.COM
Fri Oct 19 19:13:59 IST 2001

Hello,

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but I am new to this list.
During my testing of MailScanner 2.53-1 I've noticed that if I send a file
through with the name test.vbs or test.jpg.vgs, which does not actually
contain a virus, it does get quarantined, but the mail is sent on to the
user with the virus warning named test.vbs or test.jpg.vbs. If I edit this
file, I see the correct message, but of course people can't double click the
message to view it.

Thank you,
Andrew Hoying