Problem with explode.pl in mailscanner v.2.52-2

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Fri Oct 19 09:39:15 IST 2001

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 10:23:11PM +0100, Khalid Hosein wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:05:39 +0100, Julian Field <jkf at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
> wrote:
>
> >At 19:23 18/10/2001, you wrote:
> >>Hello, I just installed and configured mailscanner 2.52-2, but I've been
> >>getting the following error:
> >>Can't locate object method "new" via package "MIME::Parser::FileInto" at
> >>  /usr/local/MailScanner/bin/explode.pl line 68.
> >>I've been pouring through my Perl Modules looking for the problem, but
> can't
> >>find anything. I'm running version 5.411 of MIME::Tools and version 5.6.0
> of
> >>perl on Redhat 7.0 with a 2.4.2 kernel.
> >
> >I would recommend you try using the versions of the perl modules I supply
> >with the RPM distribution of MailScanner. Many versions of MIME-tools are a
> >bit dodgy.
>
> Yep, that's what I'm using.

Are you sure that that's the version that perl is actually picking up?

I don't know where either Redhat or Julian's packages put the modules,
but it could be that perl finds an older version from somewhere before
getting to the correct version...

Cheers,

Nick
Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
You will experience a strong urge to do good; but it will pass.