Version 2.52-1 released

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Oct 12 12:19:50 IST 2001

I have just tweaked the code and will try it on our systems here for a
while. I've increased the "Restart Every" time to try to encourage the code
to fail if it's going to.

If you want the latest sweep.pl and explode.pl to try them out (high load
mail servers in particular) then please email me at
mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk and I'll send the files to you.

At 22:32 11/10/2001, you wrote:
>On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Paul Fries (CWIE LLC) wrote:
> > FYI:
> > I keep getting this error when using the new version (2.52-1) on a high
> > volume server:
> >
> > After mailscanner runs for about 10 minutes, I get this message dumped
> > to my shell, and mailscanner dies:
> >

> > perl in malloc(): warning: recursive call.
> > Out of memory!
> > perl in free(): warning: recursive call.
> > perl in free(): warning: recursive call.
> > perl in free(): warning: recursive call.
> > perl in free(): warning: recursive call.
> > perl in malloc(): warning: recursive call.
> >
> > Server is FreeBSD 4.3 running Perl v5.6.0.
>
>Same thing on Linux
>RedHat Version 6.1
>perl-5.00503-12
>mailscanner-2.52-1