Version 2.52-1 released

Greg Boehnlein damin at NACS.NET
Thu Oct 11 22:36:29 IST 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Paul Fries (CWIE LLC) wrote:

> FYI:
> I keep getting this error when using the new version (2.52-1) on a high
> volume server:
>
> After mailscanner runs for about 10 minutes, I get this message dumped
> to my shell, and mailscanner dies:
>

> perl in malloc(): warning: recursive call.
> Out of memory!
> perl in free(): warning: recursive call.
> perl in free(): warning: recursive call.
> perl in free(): warning: recursive call.
> perl in free(): warning: recursive call.
> perl in malloc(): warning: recursive call.
>
> Server is FreeBSD 4.3 running Perl v5.6.0.

A little more info from my core file...

[root at devel incoming]# file core
core: ELF 32-bit LSB core file of 'mailscanner' (signal 11), Intel 80386,
version 1
[root at devel incoming]# gdb -c core
GNU gdb 4.18
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux".
Core was generated by `perl /usr/local/MailScanner/bin/mailscanner
/usr/local/MailScanner/etc/mailscan'.
#0  0x400a96e9 in ?? ()
(gdb) quit

--
    Vice President of New Age Consulting Service, Inc.  Cleveland Ohio
           http://www.nacs.net   info at nacs.net   (216)-619-2000