Version 2.52-1 released

Deanne Palmer dpalmer at SKIDMORE.EDU
Thu Oct 11 14:59:24 IST 2001

I upgraded to release 2.52-1 yesterday morning and love the new
features.  We're using the 'Deliver in Background' feature and it
appears to be working very well.
I also added check_mailscanner to the crontasks yesterday (every 20
minutes).

However, twice within the past 24 hours, mailscanner has become hung.
It's still running, but nothing is passing out of mqueue.in. The last
time it looks like it restarted at midnight, but never processed
anything after that.
When I came in this morning there were over 7000 messages waiting in
mqueue.in and only 70 in mqueue.
I killed mailscanner and ran check_mailscanner to restart.  Everything
is moving right along now, although it will probably take a few hours to
catch up.  This is running on an E250 Solaris 8.
Plenty of disk space available all around.  Non-default options in the
config : Deliver Method = queue rather than 'batch',  Notify Senders=
no,  Notify Postmaster = no,
Deliver in Background = yes.
  Any ideas regarding why mailscanner seems to be getting hung up?
Anyone else having this problem?
            - Deanne

--

Deanne Palmer               dpalmer at skidmore.edu
Systems Administrator       phone: (518) 580-5914
CITS                                     580-5000
Skidmore College            fax:   (518) 580-5936
Saratoga Springs, NY
               12866-1632