Possible Silly Question

Michael Forrest michael at ERG.ABDN.AC.UK
Mon Oct 1 23:13:24 IST 2001

Hi Julian,

Just finished installing the new version of mailscanner and I've got a
question. What is the default action for when a mail message or batch of
messages exceed the timeouts? For example, the Virus Scanner Timeout is
5mins....after this timeout, do the messages held within the batch get
bounced back to the senders or are they allowed to pass through (if bounced
back, what message or alteration to the message is returned to the sender).
I guess am asking a similar question for the TNEF expander timeouts as well.

Thanks,

Michael.

--
Michael Forrest,