E-mail scan with McAfee

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 30 21:38:24 GMT 2001

Bruce,

At 20:51 30/11/2001, you wrote:
> >That would appear to be all as expected & OK. Does it behave the same when
> >the infected file has spaces in its name?
>I am not sure since I have no infected file.  By thinking I maybe did some
>not correct, I deleted the mailscanner and resinatlled from scartch. I
>still get the same result.
>

>Folloing the placese I changed:
>
>./etc/mailscanner.conf:
>mailscanner.conf:Virus Scanner      = mcafee
>mailscanner.conf:Sweep              = /usr/local/mcafee/mcafeewrapper

That's good.

>I am not should I chnage config.pl. But I found it does not make any
>difference if they are specified as sophos or mcafee.

You should not need to change config.pl. If you are installing from the RPM
distribution, all the paths will be set correctly already. In the worst
case, all you should need to do is put the path to the mailscanner.conf
file on the command line of the "mailscanner" script in your init.d script.
But that should be set correctly already anyway.

>./bin/config.pl
># $Config::Sweep                = "/opt/sophos/bin/sophoswrapper";
>$Config::Sweep                = "/usr/local/mcafee";
>
># $Config::VirusScanner         = 'sophos';
>$Config::VirusScanner         = 'mcafee';

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ