No Message Collected

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Wed Nov 28 16:53:53 GMT 2001

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 10:34:21AM -0600, Peter Valian wrote:
> To follow up on this, I did read the FAQ #2 about the queues being on
> the same filesystem.  My queues are NFS mounted and Im suspecting this
> is the problem.  But I have them individually mounted...perhaps if they
> were on the same mount?
>
> anyone have experience with NFS mounting mqueue and mqueue.in with
> mailscanner?  sendmail doesn't seem to care that mqueue is NFS mounted.

mailscanner moves the queue body file from its queue to the MTA's queue
by hardlinking it and then deleting it from its own queue.

If you are able to hardlink files from one queue to the other then it
should work. If not, it won't.

In your case this means it won't work; the queues are not on the same
filesystem (even if on the machine that's hosting them, they are), and so
trying to hardlink between them will fail.

Mailscanner really should detect this, I suppose. I'll fix it now.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Don't look back, the lemmings are gaining on you.