Sophos + Mailscanner Why both??

Shane Kelly s.kelly at ayrcoll.ac.uk
Wed Nov 28 14:15:57 GMT 2001

Hi Garry,
	Mailscanner is an engine that checks filenames, expands compressed emails,
checks against rules, but does not scan for virus signatures within e-mails.
It uses Sophos sweep (or McAfee) to do the this for it. Therefore for
protection against viruses, and perhaps mailicious attachments that can do
damage to your computer, you need both. Its pretty much all we use here for
fontline mailscanning and virus detection.

Regards,
	Shane Kelly

--
Shane Kelly