mailscanner & exim - solved

Rajesh Fowkar rfowkar at YAHOO.COM
Tue Dec 18 22:00:15 GMT 2001

Nick Phillips saw fit to inform me that:
>On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 12:27:29AM +0000, Rajesh Fowkar wrote:
>
>> Sorry Nick, Julian. I was using Mailscanner 2.42. Just now I upgraded it to
>> 2.60 and it started working.
>
>Good...

After installing I realised that if I give mailq from a user login

mailq -C /etc/exim_outgoing.conf

it does not work. You have to be root to do that. So now I have created a
script called mq

sudo mailq -C /etc/exim_outgoing.conf

Now on typing mq I get the queue of the mails after scanning.

Another thing, for exim I have to change the ownership of Mailscanner and
exim_incoming.

chown -R mail.mail /var/spool/MailScanner
chown -R mail.mail /var/spool/exim_incoming

>> ps.: Is there any cvs of mailscanner ?
>
>Yes thanks. >;)

I asked because at present I am using alien to convert the rpm to deb and
than install that deb using dpkg. :-)

Thanks for this excellent product.

Peace

--