redhat 6.2 and mailscanner 2.42 not scanning

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Mon Dec 17 09:04:58 GMT 2001

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Miguel Koren wrote:

> In my case (Red Hat 7.1 thugh) I had Sophos installed BEFORE Mail Scanner.
> The standard Sophos installation places things in slightly different
> directories, so instead of reinstalling Sophos (I had deleted their
> install file) with Mail Scanner I tweaked the scripts. Maybe that's what
> is happening to you?

I found this problem the other way around. I installed mailscanner and
Sophos using the mailscanner script. I then tried to enable intercheck and
use sophos generally on the machine. intercheck wouldn't start and some
incantations of sweep used an old library or engine or something. I think
the confusion comes from not using the lib and sav directories in the way
sophos intend?

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed                           To have no errors
Information Services                    Would be life without meaning