Cost of Virus Scanner!

Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy miguelk at KONSULTEX.COM.BR
Wed Dec 12 11:00:17 GMT 2001

Carl;

You may be interested in looking at this site:

 www.openantivirus.org

and in particular at:

This is written in Java so I don't know what the preformance and stability would
be like. I have found that any Java solution is usually problematic, but I
haven't used any in the last 6 months, so stability and performance enhacements
are a pretty big probability. As someone pointed out in this list, the problem
of keeping the patterns up to date is huge and I would say that that's whatyou
are paying Sophos for. However you may find many other alternatives on the Open
Anti Virus site useful to your needs. Since I also need this, if you find
something intersting, let us know. :-)

I was frankly under the impression that I could use 1 license of Sophos on the
server. From the comments on this list it looks like this is not true.

Best Regrds
Miguel