Human factors...

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Wed Dec 5 15:42:16 GMT 2001

The message below is typical of a sort that I often receive. Many of our
users have become wary (as they should be) about opening any attachment,
particularly where the word "virus" is present in the message.

This is becoming an obstacle to them opening the attachment that
MailScanner helpfully sends with the recipient warning message. I wonder
how things could be restructured so that the recipient warning does not
induce this reaction so strongly? Perhaps I need to modify the text of
the warning so that it is more clearly seen to be a message from us that
can be trusted; has anyone approached this problem in the same way?

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Computing Service, University of Newcastle
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.
"Any opinion expressed above is mine. The University can get its own."

----------- cut here