Alternatives to Sophos

Stephen Lee splee at PLEXIO.COM
Mon Dec 3 16:37:58 GMT 2001

As I understand it, the SAV license covers both the server and the
desktop so NAV wouldn't be needed. You can even run a client copy at
home.

<rant> What bugs me about Sophos though, is that they are not very
obvious about their pricing structure. Pricing is not on their website
and even if you asked for it by email, they insist you try the demo
first - why bother if it is too expensive in the first place? Having
asked Sophos on several occasions for pricing for a particular number of
users at a certain geographic location (Canada) without much luck, I
finally broke down and tried the demo. Several more emails and phone
calls later, I finally got some prices. It's like pulling teeth!
</rant>

The US/Canada pricing quoted to me was: $150USD for 1 user, $120 for 2-4
users, $85 for 5-9 user and $60 for 10-? users. In the end, SAV _is_ a
nice product but is expensive and is targetted at the corporate market.

Thanks to those responding to my original request for alternatives to
Sophos.

Stephen