Alternatives to Sophos

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Mon Dec 3 16:40:28 GMT 2001

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 11:18:38AM +0000, Nick Phillips wrote:

> main part. SAVI is an NT/win2k-based admin interface for a network's SAV
> installation.

Sorry. Now I'm getting confused too. SAVI is the "SAV Interface" which is
*usually* for the .dll-based sophos for integration into 3rd-party products.

It is also (so they've just told me) the appropriate *license* to get for
installation of Sweep on a single gateway/mail server for protection of a
large number of users who do not have SAV on their desktops.

So, this is what Tim -- at least I think it was Tim -- was looking for.

SAVAdmin is what I was thinking of before.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Avoid reality at all costs.