Alternatives to Sophos

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Mon Dec 3 09:43:21 GMT 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 04:21:49PM -0600, Peter Valian wrote:
> If Im not mistaken, you technically only need one license to run on your
> mail server.  Only one user is *technically* scanning mail (root).

They are seemingly quite confused about this kind of situation, but
basically end up saying "one license per workstation that benefits"
which in this case could mean many things. They also don't seem to have
quite grasped that rather than gaining desktop business like this, they
are losing server business to whichever random company's scanner came
preinstalled on the muppet clients' workstations.

I wish they'd see the light. It would make my job so much easier.

Still, IMHO they are still the best option for desktops & all -- in
combination with a good (or at least adequate) backup system.

;)

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Do not overtax your powers.