A docker implementation?

Deon George deon at dege.au
Mon Mar 4 08:06:28 UTC 2024

Howdy,

I’ve been using the EFA Project appliance (era-project.org) and while it has been working well, I’m wanting to move from a dedicated VM to a docker container implementation.

Have you thought about providing mailscanner as a docker image? (My search shows some implementations that seem quite old.)

I would think that it might provide an easier route for folks to consume mailscanner - as the install (with all the perl dependancies) would be done by the docker image build process and folks would just need to use it via a “docker run” with a directory with the configuration.

In my case I want to deploy (what EFA does) on an existing cloud host - and by doing so with docker containers will enable me to do that (don’t really want to buy another VM).

If there is no interest in docker - no big deal, I’ll have a go at it anyway, but if there was an implementation or an interest happy to leverage it and/or share back what I do so that others could use it too.

BTW: I want to build the docker image based on alpine - its a lot smaller - any issues with alpine that I should look out for?

…deon