Exim 4.97 Seems to Break MailScanner 5.4.5 due to Change in MessageID Length?

Tony Yates tony at canetoad.co.uk
Mon Nov 6 19:11:20 UTC 2023

Shawn, et al,

Thanks for the speedy response.

I've been digging and found the following in EximDiskStore.pm at around
line 495 there is a Sub, that has a reference to the 'old' Message-ID
structure at about line 509

# Writes the whole message to a handle.
# Need to be passed the message to find the headers path
# as it's not part of the DiskStore.
sub ReadMessageHandle {

code omitted

   # We have to strip the message-ID off the beginning of the file
   # using sysread since that is what File::Copy uses and it doesn't
   # play nicely with stdio operations such as $body->getline. The
   # magic number 19 is from the length of NNNNNN-NNNNNN-NN-D\n.

The magic number 19 is then used below that:

  sysseek($from_h, 19, 0);

I guess the new Message-ID structure would definitely break that.

HTH

Regards,

Tony..