Installation error now that spamassasin 4.0.0 is available

mailscanner at barendse.to mailscanner at barendse.to
Mon Jun 5 11:37:40 UTC 2023

On Sat, 31 Dec 2022, Shawn Iverson via MailScanner wrote:

> On 12/29/22 20:17, Rick Gutierrez wrote:
>> El mié, 21 dic 2022 a las 13:04, Andrew Pearce (<andrew at andew.org.uk>)
> escribió:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I got my installation to work with running the following command as it
>>> looks like Zlib wasnt fully updated
>>>
>>>    cpanm --uninstall IO::Compress::Zlib::Extra
>>>

>> thank Andrew .
>
> I'm going to rework the MailScanner ms-configure for RHEL derivatives to
> prefer rpm installs of the latest SA.  Hopefully this will help
> alleviate some of these issues for folks....

I'm on ubuntu but also install SpamAssassin and preferably as many
other packages as possible from apt, I hope to avoid as much as
possible that a security update gets released without it getting
installed because I didn't notice it. I found a lot of perl modules in apt
already but couldn't get all to install